Consular Section; Embassy of Nigeria,
P.O. Box 94386 Riyadh 11693 Saudi Arabia, Phone: (966-1) 482-3982 Fax: (966-1) 482-4134
Ext : 340
To replace or renew your passport, you are advised to come to the Consular Section during public hours (10:00 p.m. -12:00 p.m., Sat-Wed). All applications are to be submitted between 10.00am to 12.00pm and to be collected the following day. All applicants must apply in person if they are applying for a re-issue or receiving a Nigerian Standard passport for the first time. For renewals and insertion, the application could be made by sending a proxy. It is preferable in all cases that the applicant is present in person during application.
When to apply for passport re-issue:
1. If your last Nigerian passport is ten years old.
2. You have exhausted all the pages of your last Nigerian passport even if it has not expired.
3. If the booklet you are holding is the old one.
Otherwise, your application is considered to be for a passport renewal.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A PASSPORT:
Original of old passport
Photocopy of old passport
Four passport size photographs
Dully filled application form (obtainable from the Embassy)
Payment of New Booklet fee (see below)
Original of passport to be renewed
Photocopy of old passport
Dully filled application form
(obtainable from the Embassy) Download
Payment of Renewal fee (see below)
New Passport (SR867.00) =US$231
*Fees must be paid in cash (Saudi Riyals). No other form of payment is acceptable by the Embassy.
*In addition to their New Passport fee (SR230)=US62, the Nigerian Consulate-General in Jeddah charges SR2000 =US$534 as 'deposit' before issuing a New Passport, please contact the Consulate to know whether or not this addition will be required from you before applying for a New passport at the Consulate.
(1) Passport validity for at least six months.
(2) An Exit and Re-Entry Visa from the Kingdom valid for at least three months.
(3) A Letter from Sponsor/Employer confirming contract/employment terms in Saudi Arabia.
(4) Student Visa applications will also require a letter of confirmation from the school or college where accepted.
(5) Two (2) Passport Size Photographs.
(6) Fully completed application form obtained from authorized official of the Embassy
(7) Payment of appropriate fee based on nationality of passport (cash only).
YOU MAY ALSO BE ASKED TO PRESENT THE FOLLOWING:
*Evidence of funds, such as bank statements;
** A letter from the person/company in Nigeria that you will visit (If there is one);
***Air tickets (or flight reservation) and hotel reservation;
****An onward visa, if you intend to visit another country after Nigeria.
Visa Application Form